When many of the farm houses were slowly cleared to make way for the Deer Park in 1640 many would have already been empty. However one of the longest to survive was owned by a widow called James. Dr N.W. Alcock, who is an establish authority & published historian, suggests that this house was eventually moved from the deer park to become Yew Tree Cottage.
Yew Tree Cottage in it's original form before & after the extension made between March & December 1957.