No1-2 Stareton dates back to the early 1500's and there are records from 1555 granting a 31 year lease to Thomas Tuter of Stareton together with 27 acres of open fields. However he died in 1558 & this is an inventory of the house taken at the time.These include: 'In the Haull - On borde, on haulmere, 2 cherys, 3 pottes, 4 cauldruns, 16 pecys of peutur, a fryne panne; a scemer, a chaffydysche, 3 candylstyckes; a byll a axe, a hachet. In the Chamber - 3 Beddes, a matrys, a flockebed, 2 coverynges; 3 twylleclothes, 2 bagges, lynen yorne, 2 coufres, 2 quychenys, a flaxon schette, 5 hurden schettes. In rement - 2 gackettes, on dublet, a pere of housse, a hatte, 3 surttes, on tabulclothe, on towell; 3 bolsturs, 3 pelloyes, 4 poundes of wolle; a toye. (Kitchen) 2 Lomes, 2 paylles, a troye (trough), a bultyg (boulting) tubbe; seffes, a pere of pottehokes, a spytte; a pere of goubyrons. 4 Oxon, 3 kyne, 3 caulves, a mare and 6 scheppe. A wayne, youkes, towyes, a haro, a ployght. 4 Hennes and a kocke.
In 1679 Lord Leigh leased the farm (with 31 acres) to Richard Camill who had been his servant for life and granted him the house 'in consideration of his true service' At this point the house was reconstructed into it's current layout but preserved the old stone chimney and decorated fire place beam that had been installed over a century earlier.
Old hand made scissors found hidden behind the fire place beam.
The Grade II listed cottage today (2010)